[Interest] Qt 5.3.0 QML Android: how to deploy custom c++ plugin directory structure

Preet prismatic.project at gmail.com
Sun May 25 07:19:42 CEST 2014

>> Have you any hints to give me to get everything works. I managed to launch
>> my application by reproducing the directory structure on the target with
>> "adb shell mkdir and adb push) after the APK install but it's very ugly and
>> I would to have a self contained APK.

I worked around this by embedding the plugin *.so as a resource file
and extracting it to the device's application data directory on first
run. It's not pretty but its easy to do. I had to add a couple of
system calls in my pro files to be able to build my project in one go
(I had to copy the QRC file to the build directory where plugins were
and include that version in my project).