[Interest] How to trust certificates for QWebPage

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue May 27 05:52:17 CEST 2014

Em ter 27 maio 2014, às 01:31:27, Tom Isaacson escreveu:
> That's the point - it's our distro because we manufacture a device with
> embedded Linux but I don't know what certificates I need (if any) or where
> to get them.
>
> I've tried complaining to myself but I just refuse to listen :)

Then stop rolling out your own Linux distribution. If you don't know how to do
that, just get a pre-made one or use Yocto to create your distribution.

You need the certificates for all CAs that sign certificates that you'll need to
verify. That is, every site, every SSL connection that any program on your
device will ever need to make, from the moment that you ship it until the last
day that the consumer powers it off.

That includes sites that don't exist yet and signed by CAs that don't exist
yet.