[Interest] Refreshing Audio Device List

Randy Yates yates at digitalsignallabs.com
Thu May 29 04:56:41 CEST 2014

Hello,

I'm maintaining a combobox with a list of the audio devices obtained
from QAudioDeviceInfo::availableDevices() and I'd like to refresh the
list with a refresh button. However, re-executing

  audioDeviceList = QAudioDeviceInfo::availableDevices(QAudio::AudioInput);

within the same running application doesn't update the device list.

If I exit the app and restart, it shows me the new device list. I'm
hot-plugging a USB audio device in and out.

How do I get a refreshed availableDevices()?

Note that I found an almost identical bug reported here:

https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-16842?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:changehistory-tabpanel

The reporter said the problem went away when using QApplication instead
of QCoreApplication, but I'm already using QApplication:

#include "cvrgui.h" include "cvrguiwindow.h" include
#<QApplication>  int main(int argc, char* argv[]) {
  Q_INIT_RESOURCE(cvrgui); QApplication app(argc, argv);
  app.setApplicationName("Continuous Voice Recognition GUI");
  app.setOrganizationName("Digital Signal Labs");

  CvrGuiWindow cvrGui; cvrGui.show();

  return app.exec();
}

Any help would be appreciated.