[Interest] QtQuickCompiler alternative

jensbw at gmail.com jensbw at gmail.com
Fri May 23 10:36:54 CEST 2014

> Do be a bit more specific a  ~1sec startup is for anything. Just a
> Window { Text{text: "Hello world"}} will have that kind of startup
> time.

It certainly doesn’t sound like the qml compiler would help you much in this case. Perhaps it is time spent populating the font database as we have had some issues with that in the past. There is at least one bug reporting a similar issue on mac: QTBUG-36587. Try replacing the Text item with just an Item and see if that changes anything. If that is the case, it should be a one-time cost at least.

Regardless you should try to profile the startup time as Thiago suggested.

Regards,
Jens