[Interest] 3D Navigation QtLocation Module

Aaron McCarthy mccarthy.aaron at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 01:12:58 CET 2014

Hi,

On Mon, 3 Nov 2014 06:18:30 Ramakanthreddy Kesireddy wrote:
> Thanks a lot for your inputs. I could make a progress atleast on 2D
> Navigation.
>
> Are the below features like Navigation support with turn-by-turn
> instructions and routing being supported for Android and IOS?

There is no platform specific code in the Qt Location module. All of the
features supported by Qt Location should also work on both Android and iOS.
Personally I have only tested Qt Location on Linux (X11/Wayland) and Android.

> Basically I would like to know if features like Navigation support with
> turn-by-turn instructions, Routing, Shortest Route, Economical/Green Route,

Availability of these navigation features are dependent on the particular
geoservices plugin you are using. The Nokia/HERE plugin provides all of these
features. Turn-by-turn instructions are text only. You will need to integrate
a text-to-speech solution for voice navigation. I have done so in a past
project. The OSM plugin provides most of these features.

Please insure you check the licensing requirements as some geoservice
providers have restrictions when used in a turn-by-turn navigation
application.

> Geofencing are supported in both Android and IOS?

This feature is provided by the Qt Positioning module. That is platform
specific, I do not know the state of this on Android and iOS.

Cheers,