[Interest] Qt for Android APK size

Ramakanthreddy Kesireddy Ramakanthreddy.Kesireddy at TechMahindra.com
Tue Nov 4 15:52:22 CET 2014

Please let me know  the other two methods available to distribute Apk? Which is the best method available so that it results in less Apk size?

Sent from my Windows Phone
________________________________
From: Tomasz Siekierda<mailto:sierdzio at gmail.com>
Sent: ‎04-‎11-‎2014 19:42
To: Ramakanthreddy Kesireddy<mailto:Ramakanthreddy.Kesireddy at TechMahindra.com>
Cc: interest at qt-project.org<mailto:interest at qt-project.org>
Subject: Re: [Interest] Qt for Android APK size

On 4 November 2014 13:42, Ramakanthreddy Kesireddy
<Ramakanthreddy.Kesireddy at techmahindra.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As I understand that Qt libs are bundled in APK for Android without the need for installer, could you please know how much size it adds to apart from application size?

Just try it.

The bundling method (one of 3 methods available) adds different
amounts of data depending on which libraries you are using in your
code. Usually it adds about 10-20MB.

Disclaimer:  This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Tech Mahindra policy statement, you may review the policy at http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html externally http://tim.techmahindra.com/tim/disclaimer.html internally within TechMahindra.