[Interest] Listview Highlight Paint Speed

md at rpzdesign.com md at rpzdesign.com
Thu Nov 6 15:04:33 CET 2014

I have a test project on Qt 5.3 on Android/IOS
using a QML Listview and QtQuick 2.2 and QtQuickControls 2.2

Nexus 7 2012 Android 4.4.4 / IOS 7 Ipad Mini Gen 1

How can I control the painting speed of the highlighted row if possible?

The problem is when underlying QML engine goes to paint the highlighted
row, it paints it very slow across the tablet width from left to right.

I would prefer immediate painting where the entire highlighted row is
painted as rapidly as possible.

Obviously, this kind of movement requires CPU cycles to slowly draw the
highlighted row.

I can post a youtube video if this does not make sense since we are
talking about something in motion.

Here is the listview QML snippet:

Listview
{
	id: listpeople
	anchors.fill: parent

	model: listdata
	delegate: listdelegate
	highlight: Rectangle { color: "lightsteelblue"; radius : 5 }
}