[Interest] Strange behaviour of QByteArray reserve/reallocation mechansim

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Nov 10 04:06:51 CET 2014

On Sunday 09 November 2014 10:34:28 Bernhard wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> I just experienced a strange behavior of QByteArray regarding its internal
> reallocation behavior. Actually that behavior stops me from using
> capacity()/reserve() to optimize the allocation behavior and its seem to me
> that under current conditions reserve() is more or less useless. Using the
> current implementation there is no way of avoiding continuous reallocations
> while using QByteArray with data of different lengths.
>
> Please see the following SO post (please tell me if it is not allowed to
> post such links in this ML):
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26821207/internal-reallocation-behaviour->
of-qbytearray-vs-reserve

> Is this actually desired behavior? Is it a bug?

Posting the links are fine, but don't expect people to open them: you have to
get the interest of the people you're trying to reach. If all the information
is behind a link, they may not bother opening the link.

Also, some people may be offline when reading the email For example, I read y
our email while on a flight. As it is, I can't get the details of your issue
and you can be sure I will not remember to find this email again when I land...