[Interest] Proposed Share Dialog for mobile platforms

lloyd konneker bootch at nc.rr.com
Wed Nov 12 16:06:14 CET 2014

Does there exist a 'Share Dialog' for Qt?  The dialog on the mobile
platforms that you see when you push the 'Share' button.  Basically it
lists all the applications that can act on the mimedata your app provides.

It seems like this is a relatively new (and changing, with iOS8) GUI
notion for mobile platforms.  A dialog natively provided by the platform
(at least Android and iOS).  Whereas on a desktop, there is a menubar
and a 'File' menu where the user can make the same choices (Save,
Export, Mail, Print...).

I need this, and it seems like many apps would want this also, so I am
motivated to contribute.  I have begun research on how to implement it
in the Qt project.  Using FileDialog as a starting point.  I think the
implementation would be in QML, only support two mobile platforms, and
only use native dialogs.  IOW, there would be no default QML
implementation, and wouldn't work on the desktops. Would that be
acceptable or does the Qt org require that all platforms be supported?

I also posted to the dev list, but got no response.  I am new to the
lists and unsure where to post.