[Interest] Qt Quick Compiler (Interest Digest, Vol 38, Issue 51)

Alejandro Exojo suy at badopi.org
Fri Nov 14 16:32:09 CET 2014

El Friday 14 November 2014, Harri Pasanen escribió:
> A related question, has anyone tried to coax QML, or rather the
> javascript components through the Closure Compiler?
> https://developers.google.com/speed/articles/compressing-javascript
>
> It might help a little, especially with javascript heavy QML, as it
> would reduce the working set size / cache misses, etc.

My experience with this kind of minifiers is that they reduce all sorts of
whitespace and try to rename things to have the least amount of bytes in
identifiers. That might work OK-ish for websites that receive many hits of
their JS files, and that have JS files that account for some hundreds of kB.

Qml world is different, because if you are using it properly, you don't use
that many logic in JS. You should aim for small JS expressions that normally
are isolated from each other. A traditional JS minifier is unlikely to have any
impact on Qml files.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) | GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2