[Interest] Qt5 and "global" configuration

Stanislav Baiduzhyi sbaiduzh at redhat.com
Sat Nov 15 08:53:16 CET 2014

On Friday 14 November 2014 09:08:11 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> All of those you listed are true, but you're asking for us to work around a
> structural problem in X (which we usually do). And in fact, we're already
> doing the necessary changes to support high DPI. I don't think the DPI is an
> issue that we need to discuss here.

But I'm not talking about HighDPI support, I'm talking about possibility to
configure size of fonts on some corner cases. And font size for me consists of
Pt size and DPI.

Plus my main point is, thanx to qt-config in Qt4 it was possible to configure
font sizes, even if DPI is not detected properly, tune Pt size that will not
correspond to the typographical constant. And there is not such mechanism in
Qt5, and I think that everyone will win if there will be one.

--
     Regards,
        Stas