[Interest] Qt dialogs, Ok / Cancel button order

bootch at nc.rr.com bootch at nc.rr.com
Fri Nov 21 13:37:02 CET 2014

That's disconcerting: I assumed that it would use native dialogs.  The documentation says QuickControls use one of: [native, QWidget, QML implemented] GUI, in that order, choosing the first 'possible'.  Where possible means something like: the platform technology allows it and someone has implemented it in Qt library?  Where at worst, it is QML implemented.

Also, I found that on a desktop, QuickControl Dialog is in a separate window, not transient (on top of) the main window, and decorated by the window manager.  See discussion at QTBUG-40568.

Has anyone documented, for all QuickControls, which are native or at least conform to platform style and HIG?  That would be nice to know in advance, so a developer could plan how much tweaking is necessary to conform.