[Interest] Crashing in QProcess::waitForFinished

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Oct 3 19:38:29 CEST 2014

On Friday 03 October 2014 11:12:24 Bill Crocker wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I have a multi-threaded, server application
> which has been crashing in QProcess::waitForFinished(int)
> The frequency is low compared to the work the
> application does, but it *is* happening.
>
> A back trace shows all other threads waiting
> for something to do. Running with debug is not
> an option at this time.
>
> Has anyone else had a problem in this area.
>
> I am currently using Qt 4.8.6

Hi Bill

No, this doesn't ring a bell right now, sorry. Looking at the log, I see a fix
for a waitForStarted crash, one in waitForFinished for when pipe() fails, but
nothing else.

If you could at least give me a line number of where waitForFinished is
crashing, I might be able to give you some hypotheses.