[Interest] [OS X] qmake - "Could not resolve SDK path for 'macosx10.8'"

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 14:09:07 CEST 2014

Am 03.10.2014 um 09:16 schrieb Sean Harmer <sean.harmer at kdab.com>:

> On Thursday 02 October 2014 20:44:21 Till Oliver Knoll wrote:
>> Am 02.10.14 20:19, schrieb Keith Gardner:
>>>
>>>    "Could not resolve SDK path for 'macosx10.8'"
>>>
>>> I set the qmake variable QMAKE_MAC_SDK to "macosx10.10". This fixed the
>>> problem with XCode 6.* for me.
>>
>> Yes, thank you so much, that solved it indeed!
>>
>> For the record, I have now the following entries in my "Common.pri" file
>> (which is include in every other relevant *.pro file):
>
> You can do this once only

Just to clarify: my applications usually consist of several components (libraries, executable(s)). For each of those naturally a dedicated Qt project *.pro file exist (plus a "top-level subdirectories" project file which builds everything).

In this setup I have a Common.pri file anyway where I set common linker flags, version numbers and more.

This Common.pri is /not/ shared across different applications.

So it was just natural to add this platform-specific SDK version in there as well for now, to get my current application compile again. The advantage is also this setting is now under source control. So I can checkout my application on different systems, without having to modify the local Qt installation on each system (not to mention after minor Qt upgrades).

> by setting
>
> QMAKE_MAC_SDK = macosx10.9
>
> variable in the mkspecs/qdevice.pri file in your Qt installation.

However I still want to apply this setting "globally" (system-wide), such that I can compile e.g. the Qt examples wirhout having to modify some *.pro file each time first!

So thanks for that!

Cheers,
  Oliver