[Interest] QMutex and QTimer timeout

Francisco Ares frares at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 22:23:05 CEST 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to implement a serial communication class.  Under certain
conditions, I would like to send a message, then keep the thread locked
until some specific answer arrives, then the thread could be unlocked.

While testing the connection, the lock (using a QMutex for this) may lock
forever if the connection is opened, so I have implemented a single shot
QTimer so that the thread could have an exit point when this timer period
times out.

But it does not work.

The QMutex and the QTimer are on the same thread.  Does QMutex locks the
thread so much?  Any advice?

Thanks
Francisco