[Interest] Writing Canonical XML in Qt5

Matt.Bolger at csiro.au Matt.Bolger at csiro.au
Wed Oct 15 02:26:27 CEST 2014

Hi All,

Any suggestions for the best cross platform way to write canonical xml files under Qt5 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canonical_XML). The complete randomness of QHash makes any sort of diff tool comparison impossible (see http://geidav.wordpress.com/2013/02/27/deterministic-attribute-order-in-xml-documents-in-qt-5/) and I'd rather not create a security flaw by setting QT_HASH_SEED. Adding in yet another library and its dependencies like libxml2 across all platforms is also something I'd rather avoid.

Cheers
Matt Bolger