[Interest] plugins deployed by macdeployqt

Adam Light aclight at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 16:54:43 CEST 2014

I'm using a recently built version of Qt 5.4 (from the 5.4 branch) on Mac
OSX 10.9.5.

I'm using macdeployqt to deploy my application. I'd like to minimize the
frameworks and plugins that are deployed to only those that are necessary,
but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to do that.

If I use the -no-plugins option to macdeployqt, the frameworks that are
deployed match those that the application actually uses:

> macdeployqt Igor64.app -no-plugins
> ls -l Igor64.app/Contents/Frameworks/

QtCore.framework
QtGui.framework
QtMacExtras.framework
QtNetwork.framework
QtOpenGL.framework
QtPrintSupport.framework
QtSvg.framework
QtWidgets.framework
libtbb.dylib
libtbbmalloc.dylib

If I omit the -no-plugins option, I get a bunch of plugins, most of which
my application is not using. Because many of the plugins have dependencies
on frameworks that my application is not otherwise using, I also get lots
of additional frameworks deployed in the bundle:

> macdeployqt Igor64.app
> ls -l Igor64.app/Contents/Frameworks/
QtCore.framework
QtDeclarative.framework
QtGui.framework
QtLocation.framework
QtMacExtras.framework
QtMultimedia.framework
QtMultimediaWidgets.framework
QtNetwork.framework
QtOpenGL.framework
QtPositioning.framework
QtPrintSupport.framework
QtQml.framework
QtQuick.framework
QtScript.framework
QtSensors.framework
QtSql.framework
QtSvg.framework
QtWidgets.framework
QtXmlPatterns.framework
libtbb.dylib
libtbbmalloc.dylib

> ls -l Igor64.app/Contents/PlugIns/
accessible
audio
bearer
geoservices
iconengines
imageformats
mediaservice
platforms
playlistformats
position
printsupport
qml1tooling
sensorgestures
sensors

Is there a way to get macdeployqt to only deploy the frameworks and plugins
that my application uses?

Thanks
Adam