[Interest] How to set QtQuickControls Slider to an initial value without modifying the current saved?

Nurmi J-P jpnurmi at theqtcompany.com
Fri Oct 17 11:11:18 CEST 2014

> On 17 Oct 2014, at 10:48, Nuno Santos <nunosantos at imaginando.pt> wrote:
>
> Hummm
>
> This Settings QML type is awesome and I didn’t knew it. I had a QSettings class exposed to QML and I was declaring all the properties I needed. This really saves a lot of work. Should I really on it for a production product?

Hi,

The reason why QML Settings was placed in Qt.labs is that it's also based on QSettings. The problem with QSettings is that it doesn't provide change notifications. QML Settings is indeed very useful, but still far from optimal. :) It's safe to use in the sense that it's not going anywhere at least for the lifetime of Qt 5, but a better alternative is expected to arrive later.

The API of QML Settings was intentionally kept to the absolute minimum in order to be able to switch the backend later. Even though it's still not yet clear how things would look like with the new config system replacement (which is by the way once again being discussed on the development list).

--
J-P Nurmi