[Interest] QQmlListProperty

Nuno Santos nunosantos at imaginando.pt
Tue Oct 21 13:46:34 CEST 2014

Hi,

With QQmlListProperty I can expose a QList to QML. I’m doing it a lot. But, is it possible to do the opposite?

QQmlListProperty documentation is a little bit vague in this sense.

I want to receive in another QML the same list and then get the QList inside this element C++ class.

This is because the glue between this classes is made thru the UI which is all made in QML.

I’m declaring:

Q_PROPERTY(QQmlListProperty<LKClipNote> notes READ notes WRITE setNotes NOTIFY notesChanged)

QQmlListProperty<LKClipNote> notes();
void setNotes(const QQmlListProperty<LKClipNote> notes);

But I don’t really need a property read

And i’m writing:

QQmlListProperty<LKClipNote> LKClipComposer::notes()
{
    qDebug() << "read";
}

void LKClipComposer::setNotes(const QQmlListProperty<LKClipNote> notes)
{
    qDebug() << "write";
}

However i’m having a crash.

I also don’t know how to fetch the original list from the parameter. I know that QQmlListProperty has a data pointer but I don’t know how to get it from there.

Any tips?

Thanks,

Regards,

Nuno