[Interest] Problems with debugging using QtCreator, QBS and BareMetal Plugin

Railway Coder railwaycoder at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 13:45:24 CEST 2014

Hi,

I'm using Qt Creator with QBS for debugging embedded targets with the
BareMetal plugin.
This works fine until build process gets a bit more complex.

In old qbs file product type was

*type: ["application"]*

in that case, everything works fine. Build output is

*linking nrf51822_ble_nano_test.elf*

Uploading and debugging can be startet using the debug button.

-----------------

I've added two rules for the new build process, which converts the output
file to hex
and then merge it with a second hex file. In that case product type needs
to be changed

*type: ["combHex"]*

build output:

*compiling main.cpp*

*linking nrf51822_ble_nano_test.elf*

*converting nrf51822_ble_nano_test.elf to nrf51822_ble_nano_test.hex*

*combining nrf51822_ble_nano_test.hex and
s110_nrf51822_7.1.0_softdevice.hex to nrf51822_ble_nano_test_combined.hex*

But now, debugging and uploading does not work anymore.
I only get the following popup when pressing the debug button.

[image: Inline-Bild 1]

It seems that BareMetal plugin does not recognize the target file anymore.
Is there any solution for this?

Best Regards,
Railwaycoder