[Interest] QtDBus Example to read files from USB

Ramakanthreddy Kesireddy Ramakanthreddy.Kesireddy at TechMahindra.com
Wed Oct 29 12:02:30 CET 2014

Thanks for your inputs.
Is there any way to determine whether dbus service is running or not as the below code doesn't works in the latest Qt5.3 on Yocto?

Thanks and Regards,
Ramakanth

-----Original Message-----
From: interest-bounces+ramakanthreddy.kesireddy=techmahindra.com at qt-project.org [mailto:interest-bounces+ramakanthreddy.kesireddy=techmahindra.com at qt-project.org] On Behalf Of Thiago Macieira
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2014 7:59 PM
To: interest at qt-project.org
Subject: Re: [Interest] QtDBus Example to read files from USB

On Thursday 21 August 2014 10:51:45 Ramakanthreddy Kesireddy wrote:
> Is it recommened to fetch the file system paths like below once device
> is connected or any other API to fetch the filesystem path? Here path
> is device mounted path like /org/freedesktop/UDisks/devices/sda1.
>
> QDBusMessage message =
> QDBusMessage::createMethodCall("org.freedesktop.UDisks", path",
>
> "org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties", "Get"); QDBusMessage response =
> QDBusConnection::systemBus().call(message);

The QtDBus call sequence looks correct. There are other ways to do it, but this is the simplest and most efficient way possible.

Whether the call itself is correct, I wouldn't know. Please ask that of the UDisks developers and community.

Disclaimer:  This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Tech Mahindra policy statement, you may review the policy at http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html externally http://tim.techmahindra.com/tim/disclaimer.html internally within TechMahindra.