[Interest] List of QT_... defines?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Oct 31 22:04:17 CET 2014

On Thursday 30 October 2014 10:35:42 Rainer Wiesenfarth wrote:
> We just came along the question if there is a per-version list of QT_...
> defines that could be used when building applications based on Qt.
>
> I know that in 5.3.2 there is QT_NO_CAST_FROM_ASCII, mentioned in the
> QString docs, I saw QT_DISABLE_DEPRECATED_BEFORE on the <QtGlobal> page and
> I know about some others. However, some defines used in earlier versions
> (our software reaches back to the time of Qt 2.x) like QT_THREAD_SUPPORT are
> no longer used.
>
> Is there any central place for "all defines supported by this version of
> Qt"?

No, sorry.

Some of those macros are documented, so you can rely on them.

You can grep the Qt headers to see what else is there, but note that there are
plenty that are private and you should never use. In fact, the rule is that
QT_xxx is private and Q_xxx is public, but obviously we failed to follow our
own rule with those two macros you mentioned, even as recently as Qt 5.0.