[Interest] Very interesting problem with TCP sockets

Igor Mironchik igor.mironchik at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 08:37:12 CEST 2014

Hi guys,

I was trying to connect Qt TCP Socket with Boost Asio TCP socket.

And what I found. Qt writes simple 12 bytes message to the Boost and in most situations Boost reads garbage. Even more Boost can crash.

And my question is: who is so bad guy, Boost or Qt?

You can find simple implementation of the problem in the attachment. Thanks.

P.S. Problem is on Windows 7, on Linux or Mac OS I have no possibility to test...