[Interest] qmake command line assignments are not considered by config.tests

Roland Winklmeier roland.m.winklmeier at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 18:51:46 CEST 2014

Dear list,

I'm using qmake project files for a library project. On Linux with a
standard pathes for installed headers and libraries, there was rarely
the need to add a non-standard path. If that happened, a command line
assignment did the job:

qmake "INCLUDEPATH+=C:/path/to/headers" file.pro

I used the same approach on Windows, due to the lack of a default header
path. I want to keep the project files clean from local path changes as
much as possible, because it used to produce conflicts when pulling from
origin.

Recently I found qtCompileTest(test) macro and loved it. So I added
config tests to my latest project. On Linux config tests are building
successfully and everything is fine. But on Windows even though I passed
the custom include as commandline assignment to qmake, the tests fail.
Looking into the produced Makefile, I see that config.tests were lacking
the custom include and failed of course. Commenting the tests the build
is fine.
Is this intended behaviour? I would expect the tests use the same
include path settings as the actual builds. Otherwise a test wouldn't
make much sense, would it?

Did I do something wrong or is it worth a bug report?

Cheers Roland

---