[Interest] Qt5 cross-compilation problem

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Sep 10 22:31:36 CEST 2014

On Monday 08 September 2014 18:01:04 Amey Patil wrote:
> I cross-compiled Qt5 from source. Using following command.
>
> ./configure -xplatform linux-arm-gnueabi-g++ -opensource -confirm-license
> -qreal float -no-largefile -no-accessibility -no-nis -no-cups -no-qml-debug
> -no-mtdev -no-sql-sqlite -nomake examples -qt-zlib  -release

Please use ICU instead of iconv. Pass the option -icu to force detection.

Why are you using -no-largefile?

> Then I copied the cross-compiled Qt5 libraries to the beaglebone black in
> the /usr/lib directory.
>
> When I deployed my application (cross compiled using the qmake which i got
> from the cross-compilation of Qt5 from source) from Qtcreator, I got
> following error.
>
> QIconvCodec::convertToUnicode: using Latin-1 for conversion,
> iconv_open failedQIconvCodec::convertFromUnicode: using Latin-1 for
> conversion, iconv_open failed

Your iconv is failing. If you prefer to use it instead of ICU, please ensure
it works.

You mustn't have deployed libc properly to your device. You need to ensure
/usr/lib/gconv is populated. Anyway, that's not a Qt question, since iconv is
actually part of libc on Linux. Please refer to your distribution's
documentation to see if you've missed a step.

> This application failed to start because
> it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "xcb".Reinstalling
> the application may fix this problem.

And it looks like the xcb plugin failed to load. Please ldd the plugin file
(<qtinstall>/plugins/platforms/libqxcb.so) and ensure that all the required
libraries are present.

> sh: line 1:   729 Aborted
>         DISPLAY=:0.0 QWS_MOUSE_PROTO=LinuxInput:/dev/input/event1
> /home/root/pwm -qwsApplication finished with exit code 134.

-qws and QWS_MOUSE_PROTO? Qt 5 doesn't support QWS, those options are ignored
and don't have any effect. Please remove them.

> To avoid it I added the following option to the ./configure command
>
> -no-xcb

If you pass that option, you won't be able to connect to the X server.

Given this and the QWS references above, I'm guessing you're confused about
Qt 5's capabilities. QWS is not available, so you need to choose one of the
following options:

 * X11 (via xcb)
 * DirectFB
 * EGLFS
 * Wayland

Please make sure you've installed your selection properly and that it works.