[Interest] How to configure Qt5 for Beaglebone Black

Filip Piechocki fpiechocki at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 08:37:34 CEST 2014

First of all you need to decide which QPA plugin you want to use. If you
use Ubuntu on the device then I guess you want to launch your apps in X11,
right (like on desktop)? Then xcb plugin is what you need, so passing
-no-xcb makes no sense. If you rather like to make fullscreen app without
any desktop environment, then eglfs would be sufficient for you, but there
you can have only one window (so things like comboboxes, menus or dialogs
will not work).
Then, I've never built Qt for BBB, but as you are using Ubuntu there I
would probably follow the same steps I do for RaspberryPi. Here is the
tutorial:
https://www.ics.com/blog/building-qt-and-qtwayland-raspberry-pi#.VCO3ZmCSyzc
what is intresting for you it is the list of packages to install on the
target and it is convenient to mount the sysroot via nfs (like it is
described there).

BR,
Filip