[Interest] iOS8: Qt 5.3.2 / QML , cannot get UIView from QQuickWindow anymore

Gustavsen Richard Richard.Gustavsen at digia.com
Thu Sep 25 11:04:53 CEST 2014

The iOS version should not matter in this case (with respect to how this is implemented in Qt). But since you try to get the view, you are mixing Qt with native APIs. Do you call UIApplicationMain yourself? Perhaps you try to grab the view at a point before the window is fully created? You can check if reinterpret_cast<UIView *>(window()->winId()) returns the view. Otherwise you must be doing something very strange...

-Richard