[Interest] What is the difference.

Karl Ruetz karl.ruetz at ruetzdogz.com
Fri Sep 26 21:37:44 CEST 2014

On Sep 24, 2014, at 10:22 AM, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday 24 September 2014 10:41:09 Koehne Kai wrote:
>> I think Thiago already wrote it: use the offscreen plugin . Launch your app
>> with e.g.
>>
>>  -platform minimal
>>
>> And continue to use QApplication.
>
> offscreen, not minimal.
>
> You can also set QT_QPA_PLATFORM environment variable before the
> QGuiApplication construction if you need to do it programmatically. There is
> no C++ setter for it.
>
> The minimal plugin is a sample plugin for plugin writers, explaining what the
> minimum they have to do is. We should disable its build for non-developer-
> builds of Qt...
> --

Apparently I don’t know how deploy the offscreen platform.
I have created a directory on the deployment machine called platforms that lives in the same directory with my executable.
Inside the platforms directory is the following:
# ls
libqlinuxfb.a    libqminimal.a    libqoffscreen.a    libqxcb.a
libqlinuxfb.prl  libqminimal.prl  libqoffscreen.prl  libqxcb.prl
libqlinuxfb.so   libqminimal.so   libqoffscreen.so   libqxcb.so

When I attempt to run my app I get the following error:
This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "offscreen".

Available platform plugins are: xcb.

Do I need to include something inside my executable to make it aware of the other platforms?

Karl