[Interest] Entity sub-tree opacity in Quick3D 2.0

Unai IRIGOYEN u.irigoyen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 00:14:28 CEST 2015

Hi,
I have been playing with the upcoming Qt3D those days and especially the QML
APIs.
I was wondering if there is a means of changing the opacity of an entity and
all children at the same time (same behavior as in QtQuick). At the moment I
must change the opacity in the material color of each entity in the tree which
results in verbose code. I have been trying to see if I can apply an effect to
the sub-tree using alpha composition or shaders but I'm out of luck.

As a side note, I'm also interested in particles for Qt3D. I understand it's
not priority number 1 but just take this as a vote for the feature.

Best regards.
--

Unai IRIGOYEN