[Interest] Qt Installer Framework 2.0.0 [ OS X ] - How to install my.app to /Applications folder ?

Eddie Sutton edsutton at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 21:45:06 CEST 2015

I want to deploy my,app to the /Applications folder.  This is the  standard method of deploying an OS X applications.

If I set the config.xml to <TargetDir>@ApplicationsDir@</TargetDir>

the user receives error message warning “You have selected an existing, non-empty folder for installation”.

Qt Installer Framework seems to require that I create a "/Applications/my/“ folder in which to deploy my.app ?

Is there a more OS X way of creating an installer?

-Ed