[Interest] Qt Installer Framework 2.0.0 [ OS X ] - How to launch my.app on finish?

Eddie Sutton edsutton at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 15:44:57 CEST 2015

Kai,

The open openreadme example was what got me started down this path.

1 - QDesktopServices can not launch an app.
2 - I understand I must add an “Execute” operation in the createOperations() function.
3 - Can execution of an operation be deferred until installationFinished?

Component.prototype.createOperations = function()
{
    component.createOperations();
    /* \todo Can execution of this operation be deferred until installationFinished()? */
    component.addOperation("Execute", "open", "-a", "@TargetDir@/TSR.app");
}

Just in case, I tried moving the addOperation() to installationFinished().  However it does not execute and has no effect.

 Component.prototype.installationFinished = function()
{
    try {
        if (installer.isInstaller() && installer.status == QInstaller.Success) {
            /* QDesktopServices.openUrl("file:///" + installer.value("TargetDir") + "/Licenses/license-agreement.txt"); */
            component.addOperation("Execute", "open", "-a", "@TargetDir@/TSR.app");
        }
    } catch(e) {
        console.log(e);
    }
}

Also, if I create a Windows installer using QtIFW, can the user remove the program from Control Panel, (Add/Remove) Programs?

-Ed