[Interest] Preventing sleep on mobile platforms

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Mon Apr 13 20:34:38 CEST 2015

Android only, but this is what I call from C++:

     public static void toggleScreenSaver(boolean onOff)
     {
         try {
             Handler mainHandler = new Handler(Looper.getMainLooper());
             if (onOff) {
                 mainHandler.post(new Runnable() {
                     @Override
                     public void run() {
m_instance.getWindow().clearFlags(WindowManager.LayoutParams.FLAG_DISMISS_KEYGUARD|WindowManager.LayoutParams.FLAG_KEEP_SCREEN_ON);
                     }
                 });
             }
             else {
                 mainHandler.post(new Runnable() {
                     @Override
                     public void run() {
m_instance.getWindow().addFlags(WindowManager.LayoutParams.FLAG_DISMISS_KEYGUARD|WindowManager.LayoutParams.FLAG_KEEP_SCREEN_ON);
                     }
                 });
             }
         }
         catch(Exception e) {
             Log.e("Stoppola", "Something Threw", e);
         }
     }

Regards,

Harri