[Interest] Survey: do you override QCoreApplication::notify? Why?

Adam Light aclight at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 15:26:45 CEST 2015

John Weeks and I are working on the same application, so don't double count
this, but I wanted to clarify:

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 4:45 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com>
wrote:

>  2) use it to catch exceptions and continue execution?
>      or use it to catch and abort?

If we catch an uncaught exception from our QApplication::notify()
reimplementation, we give the user the option to save his work. Depending
on the reason for the uncaught exception, this may or may not actually
succeed, but we at least allow for the possibility. In my experience, it
typically is successful.

Then, whether or not he chose to save the work, we call quit().

Adam