[Interest] Survey: do you override QCoreApplication::notify? Why?

Guido Seifert wargand at gmx.de
Fri Apr 17 17:27:39 CEST 2015

> It prints the exception type to stderr. If you want to log something different,
> install a different terminate handler.

Does this work? I don't see how a terminate handler gets the thrown object. A terminate
handler takes no parameter and returns void. I am using notify only with use case 1.
During development when I implement an exception, but are too lazy to do the exception
handling immediately. The exception gets a 'FIXME:', which is nicely shown in QtC.
If it is against my expectations thrown, a log output from notify shows me where and why
it was thrown. Before release the FIXMEs are fixed and the try/catch around notify does
not matter anymore. I could live without it, but find it very convenient.

Guido