[Interest] Survey: do you override QCoreApplication::notify? Why?

Guido Seifert wargand at gmx.de
Fri Apr 17 17:53:40 CEST 2015

> I have no need of knowing
> which functions those are and how they operate because I don't use exceptions,
> so I can't help further.

:-)
And I don't because I usually use Qt. And in the few of my projects, which did not use qt,
exceptions were forbidden.

> You don't need a log output for that. If you don't catch the exception, it
> will cause the application to terminate (with a core dump, if you have that
> enabled), so you can not only get the exception name, you get the exact
> backtrace of how you got there and the state of the variables leading to the
> throwing.

I know, but it still is not too convenient. In the console I get only something
like "terminate called after throwing an instance of '<whatever>'. No indication
where the exception was thrown. To see this I have to find and examine the core,
or I have to run the program in the QtC debugger, which I don't do very often.
As I said: Such a catch all around notify with a few qDebugs in it is nice to
have. At least for my current development style.

Guido