[Interest] sqlite

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Fri Apr 17 21:57:44 CEST 2015

I've used SQLite as a table store pretty extensively and I can say:

1. It works as advertised. It allows multiple processes to access the same database safely. Threads no. Processes yes.
2. Multiple process performance is low. It may me adequate if there is not a lot of concurrency, just a lot of different processes that occasionally write.
3. Multiple process performance is not just low, it is terrible. As far as I can tell there is no elegant concurrency, just locking.
4. The OP could use a table as a notification queue.

Coupled with Qt's async capabilities, a lot of these deficiencies can be hidden from the user.