[Interest] Problem with QPixmap.

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 12:28:30 CEST 2015

> Am 19.04.2015 um 06:54 schrieb Igor Mironchik <igor.mironchik at gmail.com>:
>
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 00:04:08 +0300, Thiago Macieira
> <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
>
>>> On Friday 17 April 2015 19:53:01 Igor Mironchik wrote:
>>> I have one problem: pixmap "usb-disconnected.png" doesn't draws
>>> correctly.
>>> Draws absolutely nothing. And if click on this button application
>>> crashes.
>>> What is the problem? Thank you.
>>
>> Hi Igor
>>
>> You're not a newbie. You know better than to say "it crashes" and not
>> provide
>> a backtrace of the crash...
>
> Thank you, Thiago... You pointed me to the right direction. I found the
> problem.

Mind sharing your solution (even if it was something stupid or trivial)? Others might stumble over the same (beginner's) mistake and profit from your tip!

But stiring up dust on a mailing list like "it crashes! doesn't work", even providing example code for others to study (which costs them time!) and then go like "thanks all, I have found the problem (but I won't tell you)!" is a bit "one-sided".

Glad you solved it though.

Cheers,
  Oliver

P.S. I rarely open attachments, unless curiosity about the problem really overtakes me. So IMHO it's better to extract /relevant/ code (snippets) and show it in the email.

In general it is also polite to disect (digest) the code yourself first a little bit and say "Here I do this" and "There I expect the code to behave like that" etc., when you expect others to spend time and study your code.

You can then still attach a /minimal/ example which is fully compileable (qmake; make), for those who caught interest. Besides, attachments are /not/ archived (usually) in mailing list archives! (Another good reason to show code snippets directly in the email - helps others in the future, keeps the Internet a happy place ;)).