[Interest] Unknown crashes with Qt, iOS and iPad Air

Robert Iakobashvili coroberti at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 07:17:45 CEST 2015

On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 3:19 PM, Nuno Santos <nunosantos at imaginando.pt> wrote:
> HI,
> I have an app built in Qt deployed to the market. It is being deployed in iOS and Android.
>
> Everything is running fine except iPad Air. I have bunch of user reports saying that the app crashes. They all have one thing in common: iPad Air.
>
> Does anyone has some kind of info on this? What about ideas to track the problem? The crash reports I receive in xcode don't lead me anywhere.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Regards,
>
> Nuno

Dear Nuno,
It's normally better to explain what your application
is doing, which Qt modules it is using, QML or widgets, etc.,
and which Qt versions and patches you are using.

Just the diff between recent iPad Air and old iPads
could be loading of 2x images for Retina 2x displays
versus 1x images for older iPads.

Is your application memory hungry?
Are you treating memory notification?

Is there any clue from your users what is the trigger
of the crashes reported?

Look into symbolization of the crash reports if it could be helpful.

Take care.
Robert