[Interest] Qt Installer Framework - Maintenance Tool - Updates only

Juan Navarro oneorjuan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 18:04:12 CEST 2015

Hi,
is it possible to limit the default workflow of QtIFW Maintenance Tool in
order to only allow updates?

Given a setup in which some software will always be installed, I am looking
to add an online/offline updating system, but nothing more than that. This
means that the "Maintenance Tool" which appears next to all Qt Installer
Framework installations would be a perfect match, if two conditions can be
satisfied:

1.- To disable the options "Add or remove components" and "Remove all
components"

2.- Being able to configure a local and a remote repo. This way, the user
can update offline if she doesn't have an Internet connection, by placing
the files by hand in the correct folder.

Regarding to 1), I've tried scripting under Component() and Controller(),
without success. Specifically my guess is that I want to call
"installer.removeWizardPageItem" but I don't get to find the correct
arguments; something like
installer.removeWizardPageItem(<IntroductionPage? which "component?">, "
PackageManagerRadioButton");

So, is it even possible to get the default Wizard Pages and modify them?

Related question: Why [1] works but [2] does not, given that both end up
calling public slots (QLabel and QWidget)?
function Controller()
{
  var page = gui.pageById(QInstaller.Introduction);
  page.MessageLabel.setText("YEAH BITCH6"); // [1]
    page.PackageManagerRadioButton.hide(); // [2]
}

[2] fails with this error: "(TypeError: Cannot call method 'hide' of
undefined)", but looking at the CPP implementation of the IntroductionPage
class, I don't get why "PackageManagerRadioButton" would be any more
undefined than "MessageLabel".