[Interest] Font question

jensbw at gmail.com jensbw at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 12:11:37 CEST 2015

It is probably breaking up due to the rather limited resolution of distance field maps. Unfortunately, as far as I know this resolution is currently hardcoded and would require a recompile of Qt to be modified.

However, you can try to set the “renderType" property of the text item to be Text.NativeRendering. This should use native android glyphs instead which might render better at very high pointsizes.

Regards,
Jens

> On 21 Apr 2015, at 11:08, Harri Pasanen <harri at mpaja.com> wrote:
>
> I'm playing with Text.Fit, trying to see how big a number 0 can be.
>
> Text {
>         id: countLabel
>         anchors.fill: parent
>         text: qsTr("0")
>         fontSizeMode: Text.Fit
>         minimumPointSize: 10
>         font.pointSize: 1000
>         verticalAlignment: Text.AlignVCenter
>         horizontalAlignment: Text.AlignHCenter
> }
>

> On Android, S4 mini CM12 ROM, 960x540 resolution, the default font
> starts to show polygon origin,
> so inside of zero is no longer a nice curve.
>
> Is this an attribute of the font, or how can I improve it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Harri

Jens Bache-Wiig
http://www.cutehacks.com <http://www.cutehacks.com/>