[Interest] iOS Accelerometer doesn't work; sensor_explorer crashes on iOS.

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Fri Apr 24 17:22:17 CEST 2015

On 23/04/2015 19:19, Jason H wrote:
> I went to move the Android-developed accelerometer feature to iOS and it doesn't work. I don't get any updates.
>
> I went to use the sensor_explorer example and it crashes with some errors:
> sensor_explorer.qml:46 module Explorer is not installed
> Error: your root element must be a Window.

I think it

I was looking at accelbubble.pro example and noticed this:

ios {
QMAKE_INFO_PLIST = Info.plist

# manual plugin loading needed with older Qt
# QTPLUGIN += qsvg qtsensors_ios qtsensors_generic
}

accelbubble itself did not compile on iOS, but
I did a trivial QML test which just logs Accelerometer values.

If I add the line

QTPLUGIN += qtsensors_ios

to .pro it started to work!?
Is this documented somewhere?  On Android the plugin is not needed in .pro.
This is with Qt 5.4.1.  I wonder what the "older Qt" above means?

If someone could clarify this or point to documentation that would be nice.
Accelerometer documentation itself did not mention about any plugin
requirements.

Harri