[Interest] QMAKE_EXTRA_TARGETS not called for iOS targets ( Works fine for OS X targets ) ?

Eddie Sutton edsutton at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 17:44:43 CEST 2015

I use QMAKE_EXTRA_TARGETS to set version info in version.h and Info.plist files before builds using subwcrev.  It works great for Android, Windows, and OS X but not iOS.  I *assume* this is because iOS builds are much different than OS X under the hood.

Are there any tips for qmake alternative to work-around this?

# Auto-generate iOS Info-additions.plist version info
# Warning: This does not get executed when building for iOS
# Consider resorting to SED
versionIosInfoPlist.target = $${PWD}/platform/ios/Info-additions.plist
versionIosInfoPlist.commands = $$PYTHON_EXE $${PWD}/scripts/subwcrev.py $${PWD} $${PWD}/platform/ios/Info-additions-template.plist $${PWD}/platform/ios/Info-additions.plist
message(dbg: $$versionIosInfoPlist.commands)
versionIosInfoPlist.depends = FORCE
PRE_TARGETDEPS += $${PWD}/platform/ios/Info-additions.plist
QMAKE_EXTRA_TARGETS += versionIosInfoPlist

QMAKE_INFO_PLIST = $${PWD}/platform/ios/Info-additions.plist