[Interest] iOS-Dev: XCode 6.3.1 Crashes with QtCreator Created Projects

Eddie Sutton edsutton at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 17:02:08 CEST 2015

My crash stack trace matches the one you attached to the bug report:

ASSERTION FAILURE in
/SourceCache/DVTFrameworks/DVTFrameworks-7703/DVTKit/CustomUI/FileIcons/DVTFileIconCreator.m:198

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-14339

I need Xcode to archive, validate archive, and upload to the iTunes Connect
store for my beta testers.  I cannot do my work now.

I added to your bug report, then created an Apple bug report as well.
Regardless of any invalid project settings that Qt may be generating (
Xcode created projects have no problems ), Xcode should not quit
unexpectedly with no useful error message as to what Xcode did not like.

Steps to Reproduce
---------------------------
1 - Use Qt 5.4.1 to create a Qt widget app, target iOS, then build in Qt
Creator
2 - Open resulting project in Xcode 6.3.1
3 - Select Project Navigator
4 - Select General settings tab
5 - Crash seems to occur here, sometimes scrolling down the General
settings windows seems to trigger.

The crash seems harder to reproduce when Xcode is being displayed on my
MacBook Pro Mid 2012 Retina host's display.

When I drag Xcode windows to my external HDMI monitor, and release, it
crashes almost immediately.

-Ed

Xcode 6.3.1
OS X 10.10.4