[Interest] How to remove some features from QtWebKit.

Kim Min-chul nusevoli at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 08:33:09 CEST 2015

Hi

I would like to get some advices or suggestions for removing some features
from qtwebkit.

I am using qtwebkit(qt 5.2.1). I think that it spends too much memory.
The reason is why I want to remove some features like Video and Audio.
Of course it will be good for removing other features in order to let down
memory and other resources.

I found features.pri file
(qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.2.1/qtwebkit/Tools/qmake/mkspecs).
and I guessed that FEATURE_DEFAULTS enabled some features.
but, ENABLE_VIDEO was already 0 (ENABLE_VIDEO=0) and qtwebkit is playing
html5 video well.

Then, I saw Makefile.WebCore.Target file
(qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.2.1/qtwebkit/Source/WebCore/Makefile.WebCore.Target).
but, ENBLE_VIDEO is 1 ( -DENABLE_VIDEO=1) in DEFINES variable.

I would like to know what file changed this option and qtwebkit can be
working well without this feature if I disable this option.

Can I remove these features from qtwebkit? Is it possible?
Please let me know how to remove this feature.

I appreciate you in advance.