[Interest] Bad application rendering on Remote Desktop

Agocs Laszlo laszlo.agocs at theqtcompany.com
Tue Apr 28 20:54:23 CEST 2015

Because when using remote desktop you are suddenly left with OpenGL 1.1
(ouch) and so QOpenGLWidget and friends that rely on OpenGL 2.0 features
(like framebuffer objects) cease to function.

The solution is to rely on ANGLE or a software rasterizer (like Mesa
llvmpipe) in this case.

When using the dynamic OpenGL builds, the fallback to ANGLE will happen
automatically when using remote desktop. I assume you are using the
-opengl packages from 5.4.1 and that's why this is not in place. With 5.5
this won't be an issue since desktop OpenGL packages will not be provided
anymore.

Best regards,
Laszlo