[Interest] How to distribute Qt Linguist to translators?

Frédéric Marchal frederic.marchal at wowtechnology.com
Mon Aug 3 17:42:06 CEST 2015

On Monday 03 August 2015 14:16:22 Edward Sutton wrote:
> Is there a download link to a Windows installer for Qt Linguist that I can
> send to my translators ?
>
> Or do you send them the link to install Qt Community edition?

I simply copied linguist.exe to a network drive and copied the DLLs required
to start it on a computer where Qt was never installed.

Here are the files I had to copy to the other computer:

icudt53.dll
icuin53.dll
icuuc53.dll
libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll
libstdc++-6.dll
libwinpthread-1.dll
linguist.exe
platforms
Qt5Core.dll
Qt5Gui.dll
Qt5PrintSupport.dll
Qt5Widgets.dll
Qt5Xml.dll

and in the platforms directory:
qwindows.dll

Simply copy the files on the target computer. No install required.

Frederic