[Interest] Keeping app alive on iOS and Android

Robert Iakobashvili coroberti at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 17:42:54 CEST 2015

Regards,
Robert

On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 6:36 PM, Nuno Santos <nunosantos at imaginando.pt> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One of the main problems I have been having with Qt for mobile is keeping app alive when I switch to other apps.
>
> My app takes a considerable amount of time to load and if I switch app and return to it afterwards, it needs to load again.
>
> I want to understand if this is something I’m doing wrong or if it is a Qt limitation.
>
> Is anyone having a similar problem?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Regards,
>
> Nuno

Yes, it took me some time to optimize loading of various components.

First, do profiling and find the loading bottlenecks.

Reading from a large file could be a bottleneck, but one
can mmap a file and work with it faster.

Sometimes, going to native mechanism instead of a QThread
was also working a bit faster.

If you are doing QML - search emails on the list
reporting various issues with QML-related loading and slow paths.

Take care,
Robert