[Interest] qDebug under Windows

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Mon Aug 10 23:33:40 CEST 2015

On Monday 10 August 2015 14:40:58 Jérôme Godbout wrote:
> Hi,
> I have some problem under Windows to redirect the qDebug() default output,
> it seem to go to the Windows "debugger" output and I would like it to be
> sent to stdcerr instead. How/where can I change that for Windows (work
> normally under Linux)?
>
> I think I will have to recompile Qt to do this with the CONFIG option as
> console I guess. Any way to redirect this otherwise?

I think if your win application is a "console" application, it will instead already
print the output to stderr or stdout (don't know).

You can also redirect qDebug() messages:

void myQtMessageOutput(QtMsgType type, const QMessageLogContext &context, const QString &msg)
{
  // whatever shall be done with the message
}

main()
{
  qInstallMessageHandler(myQtMessageOutput);
}

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

/\                        - against proprietary attachments

Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.lillehus.at