[Interest] Qt positioning

Federico Buti bacarozzo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 10:09:03 CEST 2015

Hi Maurice, hi Jason.

Thanks for your responses.
I have tested successfully position code previously and it worked. So did
one of our customers on an app of mine (android devices). For such reasons
I was concerned for what was going wrong yesterday. Then I got the
difference: I was using another device! I've tested the one I've used
previously and everything worked like a charm. I got the position in less
than a second or so.

Given this result (and the positive results of our customers on Galaxy SX
phones) I've tested other devices at work: a galaxy tab 2 and a lenovo
A806. The former has stock android whereas the latter has been rooted and
flashed with AOSP. Neither of the two returned a value, nor timeout was
hit.

I plan on reply with the exact results of my tests as soon as I have time
to test other devices. I'll also test the examples for sure.

Thanks again,
F.

---
Federico Buti