[Interest] Qt positioning

Blasche Alexander alexander.blasche at theqtcompany.com
Wed Aug 19 11:33:34 CEST 2015

>What is the status of this? I'm at a point now where the feature using positioning is on the radar.

An invalid PositionSource is an indication that you don't even load the Position plugin/engine. In such scenarios you will never get any updates. I suggest you start testing the issue by using one of the provided position examples (e.g. geoflickr or weatherinfo).

The provided QML is just not enough to figure out why it might no load and indeed it may never be enough as it may depend on how you build and your application. Please don't post your entire application (unless it is a very very small test case app or you are referring to an existing example) either though.

Check that you are adding Qt+= positioning or otherwise the required plugins may not even be deployed.

--
Alex